TreatmentInitial Visit Treatment Process Safe & Effective Payment Body Composition Analysis Protein Supplementation Vitamin B12
Sufficient vitamin B12 is required for the proper function and development of the brain, nerves, blood cells and other parts of the body.
While B12 is plentiful in animal products, at least 15% of people are unable to absorb it through the digestive tract, and that number rises with age.
Published �normal� ranges are 200 - 835 pg/mL (picograms per milliliter), yet it has been documented that symptoms of B12 deficiency are common with levels in the 500 - 600 range, suggesting B12 deficiency is far more common than previously thought. It is estimated that perhaps 40% of the general population fall in this range.
Deficiencies can cause permanent neurological damage so early detection and treatment is imperative.
Common benefits of vitamin B12 supplementation include:
- Boost energy and metabolic rate
- Improve mood and concentration
- Increased red blood cell production
- Maintain healthy liver function
Vitamin B12 supplementation is also used to treat:
- Lowering high amounts homocysteine, which could contribute to heart disease
- Male fertility
- Sleep disorders
- Depression and mental disorders
- Eye disease and age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
Treatment for low a B12 level is most effectively treated by injections of B-12. At SMH we use only the highest quality injectable form of B12 - methylcobalamin - whereas over 95% of providers use a much lesser effective, and far cheaper alternative form of B12 called cyancobalamin.
How Can We Help?
Do you have questions or concerns? Would like to speak with us directly?
- Or call us at: 770-977-1414
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org